Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran Views – 11/11/09

It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.
~ General Norman Schwarzkopf

mandogflag

With deep appreciation and gratitude for all our Veterans in all countries as we celebrate Veterans Day today in the U.S.



The Forgotten Battle: World War II's Aleutian Campaign

by Dr. Paul Kengor - Every Veterans Day presents an opportunity to commemorate those who served in some faraway place long ago, many of whom paid that ultimate sacrifice. Some of these men, however, have been ignored too long. Read the full article here 

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! ~~ Patrick Henry March 23, 1775 

A Closer Look at Veteran's Day by Cyndy Salzmann
I am ashamed to admit that it wasn’t until recently that I began to understand and appreciate the great freedom we enjoy as citizens of the United States. I am even more ashamed to admit that I had little appreciation for its cost. Read the full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment